Welcome to San Diego Elder Law Center
Assisting our elder, disabled, and special needs communities for over 30 years.
We are San Diego's premier Elder Law Firm assisting our elder, disabled and special needs communities, their families and caregivers, with their legal needs. Our practice focuses on Medi-Cal and life care planning, public benefits planning, special needs planning, preservation of family assets, incapacity planning, trusts, powers of attorney, and probate. We pride ourselves in providing exemplary client service.
We at San Diego Elder Law Center help our clients and their families with:
- Identifying appropriate and quality care and resources for your family member, and accessing any available programs or funds to pay for such care;
- Qualifying for Medi-Cal nursing home or VA coverage, while avoiding or minimizing “share of cost” and State recovery actions;
- Pre-crisis and crisis planning to preserve our clients' estates for the benefit of themselves, their spouses, children and heirs;
- Coping with the legal problems posed by dementia, special needs, incapacity, disability, or death;
- Special Needs Trusts and other protective planning for the developmentally disabled;
- Preserving eligibility for public benefits in face of inheritance or other new income or assets.
The information presented on this website is offered for general reference only, and is not to be considered formal legal advice. Learn MORE about Elder Law.
Medi-Cal / VA Benefits Planning
Medi-Cal is California’s program for administering federal Medicaid funds. Medi-Cal has several different programs. The most misunderstood is “Long Term Care” coverage. Medi-Cal Long Term Care covers a family member or loved one in rehabilitation or skilled nursing facility.
Life Care Planning is a holistic, elder-centered approach to the practice of law that helps families respond to every challenge caused by chronic illness or disability of a loved one.
Estate Plans & Trusts
Estate Planning is a specialty of San Diego Elder Law Center. We can help assure you have appropriate documents, including trusts, wills, health care directives and powers of attorney for financial affairs.
A conservatorship is a court proceeding where someone is appointed to care for another adult who is physically or mentally unable to attend to their personal needs, their financial affairs, or both.
We are knowledgeable in how to promptly pass property, when possible, without costly probate proceedings. In many cases, we can use “summary” proceedings avoiding formal probate. If a formal probate is necessary, we can handle it efficiently and quickly.
We handle “first party,” “third party” and “litigation” Special Needs Trusts. Our familiarity with public benefit programs allows us to structure your Special Needs Trust to supplement your loved one’s benefits, rather than replace them. We also provide ongoing services for trustee’s administering Special Needs Trusts.