THE CURRENT DILEMMA:
- Parents with a child who has a disability often find themselves in a dilemma when planning for the future of this child.
- Individuals with special needs may have resources from an inheritance or settlement that may exclude them from receiving government support.
The Special Needs Trusts were established to assist families and individuals with special needs establish a discretionary trust that allows them to supplement the child’s or individual’s monthly income from SSI with restricted funds with no adverse effects. This seminar will inform families and individuals of their options for estate planning.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Planning for the future
- Court vs. non-court procedures
- Advantages of the Special Needs Trust and individual trust
- Options regarding trustee, including the Special Needs Trust Foundation
- Difference between a First-Party or Self-Settled Trust and a First-Party Trust